


About 30 years ago I found an old purse at a giant flea market in Florida. The handle on the purse caught my eye I just had to have it. It was made France.
The purse was torn and missing beads. At the time I had no idea that the metal beads on it (which to me at the time were quite ugly) would have been a great treasure to have now. They ended up in the garbage! I am ashamed to say.
Anyways I had a purse made with pretty fabric. I cut the handle off the purse and sewed it to the vintage handle. Used the purse until I wore it out. Got a lot of compliments on it.
I have been trying to make a knitted bag for it with 3 cut black seed beads and black perle cotton size 8. The original bag for this was knitted with the metal beads.
Hi5 Falling Stars
3 comments:
Wow! Great work! It looks like a great deal of hard work but I'm sure it's gonna look gorgeous after you finish it.
Hi Tania! Great looking purse! You do great work! How are you doing. Missin ya! but still seein ya! :)
Crystal
I love what you did with that purse. It's stunning. I have an antique drawstring bag that was my grandmother's (or maybe my great grandmother's purse. Like yours, the beads have started to fall off, but thankfully I've rescued as many as I possibly could.
I'm torn though. Should I reconstruct the bag or simply recycle the beads?
Patricia (Silver Dragon)
Post a Comment